Search This Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Power of Audiobooks!

I happen to be in the car a lot. I have to drive to work, drive home, drive to the library, and start the day all over. So, I have been listening to audiobooks in the car. It really saves time and it is really fun to listen to authors act out the voices and listen instead of reading the words. Harry Potter is my ultimate favorite books.


Title: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 
Author: J.K. Rowling
Read by: Jim Dale 
What's great about the voices: The story of Harry Potter is just so beyond fantastic, I do not think I could do it justice when writing about it over and over again. I love Harry Potter. Enough said. However, I think that there is a major difference when one is reading it as a silent activity and listening it to the car. It is so fun to hear someone feel the joy of Harry Potter. I am often alone in the car, so I can giggle aloud and want to cry during the sad parts, especially when Harry can hear his parents for the first time. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is absolutely fantastic. Jim Dale is absolutely brilliant about giving each character a distinctive voice and tone. When Harry is talking it is somber and thoughtful, when Hermione is talking it is very fast and girlish and when Ron is talking it sarcastic and comical. Jim Dale is an excellent narrator, however, the British version has Stephen Fry reading the audio books! I wish we had Stephen Fry too! However, Jim Dale does an excellent Snape, Sirius, and Remus, and we journey with Harry on his journey to find out the truth behind the supposed Mass Murderer, Sirius Black who just happens to be Harry's godfather.
Age Range: 10+
Can be found at: Pottermore, iTunes, Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment